a friend sent me this, it was too good not to pass along.
26 Things the Movies Taught You...
1) Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price range of most people-whether they are employed or not.
2) At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.
3) Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.
4) Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communications system of any invading alien society.
5) It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts: your enemies will wait patiently
to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
6) When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
7) If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.
Honest and hard-working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.
9) Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
10) All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets
that reach the armpit level on a woman, but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
11) All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French bread.
12) It's easy for anyone to land a plane, providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.
13) Once applied, lipstick will never rub off-even while scuba diving.
14) You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone picture of your sweetheart back home.
15) Should you wish to pass yourself off as a
German or Russian officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German or Russian accent will do.
16) The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window
17) A man will show no pain while taking the most
ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
18) If a large pane of glass is visible, someone
will be thrown through it before long.
19) If staying in a haunted house, women should
investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
20) Word processors never display a cursor on
screen but will always say: "Enter Password Now."
21) Even when driving down a perfectly straight
road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.
22) All bombs are fitted with electronic timing
devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
23) A detective can only solve a case once he has
been suspended from duty.
24) If you decide to start dancing in the street,
everyone you meet will know all the steps.
25) Police departments give their officers
personality tests to make sure
they are deliberately assigned a partner who is
their total opposite.
26) When they are alone, all foreign military
officers prefer to speak to
each other in English.