I am new to this site.
I am also very new to the world of collecting all things Kanian.
Could any of you tell me if what I own is an authentic lobby card?
A few things threw me at first:
1. The quotation "Citizen Kane is the most sensational product of the U. S. movie industry.", a quote taken from a Time magazine article is printed on the lobby card. But I researched and found out that the article was printed on March 17, 1941, and Citizen Kane didn't premiere until May, so, so far so good;
2. My lobby card is black and red -- the ones in the 70th anniversary edition seem to be all yellow;
3. Mine is signed by Ruth Warrick, and the signature looks similar to those on ebay; also the autograph notation is personalized;
4. Mine is a bit beat up and glued onto cardboard (thus this may ruin its monetary value, but I am still keen to know if the lobby card is authentic);
5. At the auction where I bought it, NOBODY else bid! (weird, indeed, especially due to the anniversary year this is!)
6. I can't find any image of my lobby card when doing a Google search (hours worth!).
So put your investigative reporter hats on, and let me know what you think!
Have I found my "Rosebud"?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.